Challenges to the Robotic Revolution
The robotic revolution is here and there’s no going back.
From the way we raise our children to our work settings, our governments, even our wars, the the quick-fix, instant-results society is roiling our world. What is lost in all the delirium is depth, the awesomeness, not just of our machines, but of our flesh, our capacity to feel, and our capacity to dwell in the miracle of the unknown. This book dwells in the miracle of the unknown. It is an intimate trek into the evolving spirituality of awe–the humility and wonder; sense of adventure toward life.
Can we preserve awe –the arguable heart of humanity — in spite of and even in light of our technologies? Or will we devolve into mechanically driven puppets, numb to our possibilities, blind to our servitude?
There is no more critical problem for our age.
Advance praise for The Spirituality of Awe
I am personally inspired by Schneider’s ethical approach to maintaining one’s human heritage in the new society.
Robert Firestone, Ph.D., author of Overcoming the Destructive Inner Voice (Prometheus, 2017)
Creates a new vision of where we are heading and how we may change direction before it’s too late. Fascinating and essential reading.
Emmy van Duerzen, Ph.D., New School for Psychotherapy and Counseling. Author of Existential Psychotherapy and Counseling in Practice (Sage, 2013)
A beautiful and important work.
Pninit Russo Netzer, Ph.D., Researcher and Lecturer, University of Haifa; co-editor of Meaning in Positive and Existential Psychology (Springer, 2014)
- CERTIFICATE PROGRAM: Foundations of Existential-Humanistic Practice.
- The Handbook of Humanistic Psychology (2nd Ed.) is available now. Get it on Amazon or check it out at Sage Publications.
- The Psychology of Existence is now available in “publish on demand” through McGraw-Hill Create.
- See the latest review of Awakening to Awe over at Psychology Today.
- Listen to my interview on KQED Forum with Michael Krasny, Feb. 4, 2010
- Here’s a review of Awakening to Awe by Edward Hoffman of The National Jewish Post and Opinion (see p. 16),
- See this feature article in the Nov. 2011 issue of the American Psychological Association Monitor. It sets out to define the ‘new’ existential-humanistic psychology …
- Click here to find out about THE EXISTENTIAL-HUMANISTIC INSTITUTE’S new certificate program on the foundations of Existential-Humanistic practice.
- The second edition of my Handbook of Humanistic Psychology is now available through Amazon and Sage Publications.
- Publish-on-demand services are now available for my book, The Psychology of Existence. Find out how to get it at McGraw-Hill Create.
- See the feature article in the November, 2011 issue of the American Psychological Association “Monitor” on the “new” Existential-Humanistic Psychology.
- See the latest review of Awakening to Awe from Bob Edelstein’s article in Psychology Today.
- Listen to my interview on KQED Forum with Michael Krasny, February 4, 2010 or hear more interviews available –
- The following link is to a review of Awakening to Awe by Edward Hoffman for The National Jewish Post and Opinion (see p. 16), February 10, 2010 – Download now.